The Ooni of Ife in the Ile-Ife kingdom, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, is set to marry his sixth wife, Temitope Adesegun, today, October 24.
The spokesman of the monarch, Yera Moses Olafare, made this known via his social media handles on Sunday.
As the monarch is set to take his new bride into the palace today, here are a few things to note about Ooni’s 6th wife-to-be.
- Temitope Morenikeji Adesegun, is the CEO of Hopes Alive Initiatives. The Initiative which is an advocacy program designed to alleviate Socio-Economic, cultural and environmental challenges in a bid to reduce the impact of poverty among the most vulnerable in the society.
- She is a princess from the Adesegun Ibipe Royal Dynasty of Ago-Iwoye in Ijebu North Local Government Area, Ogun state.
- The new bride has a diploma in linguistics from the University of Lagos. She also has a diploma certificate in data processing from the University of Lagos as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from the same varsity.
- Temitope is a certified alumnus of several universities, including the University of Oxford, United Kingdom; INSEAD Business School, Fontainebleau, France; University of Cambridge, Judge Business School, United Kingdom; and Harvard Kennedy School of Government in the United States.
- Also, the queen was a presenter of a television programme, ‘Health-Wise’ which was a Public Health Advocacy Program of the Lagos State Ministry of Health under the administration of Babatunde Fasola. The programme aired for four years.